Murphy’s Law, which states that if anything can go wrong, it will, applies to art and painting too.
- Never quickly add something to a painting when you’re already dressed to go out somewhere and are waiting for the rest of the family to get ready as you WILL get paint on your clothes.
- Don’t rinse your brushes in the same cup you drink from, one day you WILL end up knowing what paint tastes like! (EEW)
- Resist the temptation to make one little correction to a painting as that correction WILL need to be corrected, and then the correction of the correction and so on.
- When the painting is almost dry, don’t use your fingers to touch it because it WILL still be wet.
- When you are about to begin painting, the phone will ring.