Per Theodor plays Sparrowman in the musical Sleepless Town.
– Tell us more about the character that you will be playing. Do you relate to any of the characters?
I am playing Sparrowman, an emotionally paralysed superhero. He has always been living in the shadows of Flying Fox, and is suffering from second best blues.
The only similarity between me and Sparrowman is that we both like wearing tight, sequinned underwear.
– What are some of the challenges you have faced while preparing for the production?
– What is your favourite part of the production?
Creating the unexplored ‘Sleepless Town- world’ has been one of my favourite parts of the production. Beatrice has given us lots of freedom to work on physicality, movement and sound. Singing and dancing is always a fun aspect of a musical, and I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the cast.
And since we’re talking about Superheros,
– Who is your favourite superhero and why?
My favourite superhero is Spiderman. He is so ambiguous, he represents one of the most repulsive insects, yet he is such a nice hero.
– If you had superpowers, what would it be and what would you do?
Flying. Then i could fly to rehearsals instead of riding my bike.